Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Hero Status

My friend, who is also working on NaNoWriMo, was telling me about his story, and talked about a character being chastised for preaching platitudes and "big gestures", when doing good needs to be in the everyday and small things. I liked that. A lot.

Because, when you are faithful to do good in the small things, you can be trusted to do good in those times when it is a "big deal". Not only can others trust you, but you can trust yourself, which is important - To not be paralyzed by doubt.

One of my characters revealed that he does not lie. Ever. That's been fun to write, because it demands I creatively craft conflict that is believable; that the character can get out of without lying, where lying would seem natural.

When I put it that way, it doesn't seem that cool. I guess I'm tired.

13,494/50,000

Press on.
-Nas

No comments:

Post a Comment